Tuesday, February 16, 2021

2021 Valentines Letter| Not To You But To the People Who's Loved Me Before You | A Lifelong Love Letter

Dear You,

I'm sorry this year's letter came out a few days late but better late than never right? I just wanted to really know what to put out there this year before I put everything down to be forever immortalized on the worldwideweb.

On February 14, 2021, I had a lot of realizations and thanksgiving. I remembered all the times why Valentines wasn't really lonely and why it was easier to bear during the past years. It is good to post memories on Facebook because it reminds me of the people who kept me together and how God has been so good in loving me all this time.

Every valentines day for the past year, we would always have dinner with my dad and my siblings. We would always have that time blocked out. A few years before this pandemic hit, my dad would tell me "Una na kami." I would walk with them to the parking lot and he would quip, "You have the car. Stay. Ngano man ka gasunod2x namo." and I replied, "Well I'm good for today. I'm tired and I want to go home with you guys magKaraoke mi sa kids." Then I realized that a few years prior to this, I would always have a Young Professionals/Singles dinner with Geri, Tina and Karen right after dating my family.

Prior to getting to church on Sunday, I enjoyed a quiet car ride with my dad. Who was fixing my car in wee hours of the morning but not saying a word to urge me to drive again. I guess He finally understood why I loved car rides with him so much.

I arrived in church with people wanting to hug me but we had to settle for air hugs. If my memory serves me right, it was exactly a year since I stepped foot in church and worshipped the way I did due to this pandemic. 

Jumping up and down while singing, I recalled how it would either be Geri, Karen or Tina who would save me a seat or text, "Naa na ka? Naa na ko. See you!". The same ladies that would jump with me and sing our hearts out, and I said to myself, thank You Lord now I have AnnChie on my left who booked our seats online for us and Kim on my right who would message, "Naa na ka? Naa na ko." very excited to attend the service with. Though keeping them at a good distance to observe protocol, I felt warm.

Then I go on to thank God for the life He's given me and for healing my leg and my heart. That I could actually jump high and worship Him singing at the top of my lungs, unabandoned since my accident.

After the service, as always, the issue would be where to eat. The entire process of "Asa, tagpila, muapas ra ko." in Junrey, Brylle, Brent and Neil reminded me of just like how it was back in the days with Sam, Curt, Juan and the other YP men I used to walk with who always made sure that the ladies would be safe and taken cared of.

In AnnChie, I saw Tina the dancer and my constant food and gym buddy (Sugdan na lagi ang oval balik lagi.). In Kim, Laine, and Guafani, I saw Karen the quiet one but quips with wisdom and punchliners but always the ok one, and in Sashi I saw Geri, my better half who drove for the ladies and who would help me rally the ladies and would give tough love but always in love and gentleness.

In the thoughtfulness and mentoring of ate Rianne and leadership of kuya Archie, I saw ate RJ and kuya Migz. 

Lord, I just want to thank You for giving me my family both in and out of the church. For filling my days up to Valentines this year, with so much love and surprises. You have taught me and kept me clinging to You for the past years. You have fixed relational matters in my life. You have dealt with issues of the past and made me who I am today. You have worked the deep works in me. You have given me old and new people to be an extension of your love for me and for that, I cannot ask for more.

Thank you for all Your love my Abba Father. To many more Heart Days with you!

Always,

Ressa

P.S. To whoever you are that I have been writing to the past years, sorry that this letter didn't turn out to be about you. Meet my family! I pray that your family has been keeping you company and growing strong in the faith these years! See you soonest! <3


"We love because You first loved us." 1 John 4:19

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor. For if one falls down, his companion can lift him up; but pity the one who falls without another to help him up!" Matthew 18:19-20

"For when two or three are gathered in Your name, there your presence is with them." Matthew 18:20

"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." Proverbs 27:17


    Today, this song rings differently this time. Thank You for choosing me even when You weren't sure if I'd choose You. Thank You Father for choosing and placing me in this family.









No comments:

Post a Comment