Thursday, February 11, 2021

THE GOD OF SURPRISES | The God Who Sees | An Almost Love Letter But Not Quite

Having trouble sleeping yet again. Probably because I am too overwhelmed with all the love today. I woke up not knowing that the rest of my day would be filled with so many surprises and so much love.

I look at the date and see that it is still 4 days until Valentines and remembered that I should be writing a love letter again to God knows who for the nth time, but I haven't thought of anything to write so I'll just tell you how much my God loves me.

My love language isn't really much into gifts. My giving language is quality time tied with acts of service; words of affirmation, touch and gifts triple tied if there is such a term.

Receiving love however varies a little bit with gifts being the very last. I wasn't that surprised. You see, I am not really into receiving. I am more of a giver. My time, my heart, my actions, a hug or a pat on the shoulder or a held hand, I easily give. It comes as second nature to me. I have a hard time asking for and receiving material things. 

I don't know if it has something to do with being the eldest or perhaps it's a complex of mine. I also used to hate surprises, to a flaw. I have a type A personality. Needing to know what, when, how and why all the time.

Today however, God surprised me twice. I wanted to get coffee but before I could even leave my seat, my colleague placed an iced coffee on my table saying "Gipahatag ni Arrah." which in Visayan means, it was being given by Arrah. I jumped up, smiled and was just filled with so much joy. I think more than the coffee in my favorite flavor, it made me feel thought of. Like someone has seen me. Someone who knew even the smallest details that could make me smile. 



Later in the afternoon, upon coming home, I saw a package but ignored it. Thinking it was probably for my sisters since I didn't order anything. I also wasn't expecting anything since I've ordered way too much the past months. Then when I took a closer look at the parcel, it was addressed in my name. From a good friend of mine Gracia. Gracia is someone I have only met once in my lifetime, but perhaps it was our same love for God and good books that brought us together and bonded us. She has been my source of books and Bibles for the longest time. Every 3 years I gift my Bible to someone. It is this year that I need to let go of it again. 

Now, the funny thing is that I was the one who asked Gracia for her address last year, remembering her and wanting to send a surprise package anytime within the duration of this year, so it surprised me when she sent me something first considering that the last time she sent me something was in 2019 while I was healing from my accident.

Now to add on to my confusion turned delight, the even stranger thing is that I don't recall sending her my address. The fact that she knew where to send me this gift, the same way that Arrah knew I was still in the office, just when I was about to leave to buy myself coffee, makes me realize that that's how my God is. He knows exactly where I'm at. He knows exactly what my heart needs and most specially what my heart desires even when I don't utter a thing. He just knows. Like how a good and all knowing Father truly knows their child, and is very much eager to give to bring joy to His beloved. 

Gracia also included a note that said, "I remember you liking these books on my wall." I REMEMBER. Those words are enough to get me teary-eyed as I find the right words. HE REMEMBERS. HE NOTICES. HE HEARS. HE SEES US.



Today reminded me of what ate Donna once told me, "You don't have it yet because God knows you don't need it yet. He knows exactly who, when and how to make it come your way." 

So to my ladies, my sisters in Christ who became God's instrument in reminding me of these things, I pray that the Lord will meet you in your needs and your desires as well. I pray that the Lord meets you in your unuttered thoughts and prayers. 

May Proverbs 31:25 forever ring true and exude in your life, "She is clothed in strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future."

Happy Heart's Day! Your heart is so precious that His Son's own heart stopped beating for you.





No comments:

Post a Comment